Monday, November 12, 2007

Baby Movement




So I had a pretty eventful weekend. I was lucky enough to have my Dad come stay with us for the weekend. He was on business in San Diego and then drove up to our place. It was a wonderful visit and I'm so lucky to have him as my DAD. On Saturday I had a big Cookie Lee party at my house and Dad and Michael helped me get everything ready and even entertained all the ladies. They left after a little while, too many girls, and went to run some errands. When they came back Michael walked in with a huge bouquet of flowers for me. Man I love him. My girlfriend Elishia came with her 5 week old baby and I just couldn't let go of her. It was great to ask her all of my questions and Michael had lots of questions too. He looked so great holding her. It's crazy how something like that can make you look at someone in a whole new light. I loved him even more at that moment.

On Sunday Dad and I went to church and in the middle of the service I was pretty sure I was finally feeling her move. It was around 11:45am. Same time as the ultrasound we had when the doctor said she was going crazy in my tummy. I wasn't 100% sure, but I would say 85% sure. I wrote it on a piece of paper and showed it to Dad. He just looked at me and smiled.

Then this afternoon at 12pm exactly I felt it again. This time I sat on the couch and watched my stomach. I could actually see it bounce out every so often in my lower stomach. I can't believe that I am finally feeling it at 21 weeks. Then to top it all off, tonight after dinner, I decided to sit on the couch and watch my tummy some more. Michael was sitting right next to me. Just like that.... I felt it again. Big time. My hand was on my lower stomach and I could feel it from the inside and the outside. I quickly put Michael's hand on my stomach and after a few seconds it did it again, but even harder. Michael looked at my with these huge eyes and said, "Was that you?" I told him that was our little baby girl. He was able to feel it a few times and then we just sat back and watched and you could see her kick my stomach. I'm so happy now. I'm never going to be able to sleep tonight. I'm just way too excited.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad for you two! I think it's awesome that you're enjoying every minute of your pregnancy and not taking any of it for granted. It seems like you just posted your first ultrasound with two white circles. Thank you for sharing this, it's so amazing to watch. May God continue to bless you! :)
Send my love to your parents!